My left hand fingers are quite numb right now. What

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
My left hand fingers are quite numb right now. What could that mean?[
Thu, 8 Feb 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Mahaveer Patil 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
heart related / cervical nerve compression

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting the question.
I have gone through your medical history in detail.

Numbness in left hand fingers can be primarily due to 2 main causes-

1.Heart related-Any kind of cardiac insufficiency can lead to numbness in left hand fingers and the first thing that should be done is consult a nearby doctor and get Blood pressure,pulse and ECG checked.

2.Cervical nerve compression- Impingement of a spinal nerve in the neck region can also cause such kind of numbness,especially if the numbness is associated with neck pain.

Arterial insufficiency,frost bite are other causes that can cause similar symptoms.

I would suggest you to see a doctor and get the above investigations done along with Left upper limb arterial doppler and MRI of the cervical spine.

Warm fomentation around the fingers with application of warm gloves should be helpful.

Do let me know the reports once they are ready.

I hope the answer was useful.

Feel free to ask me any follow up queries that you may have.

Thank you.
Kind regards.