My left eye started twitching about a week and a

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Wed, 28 Mar 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: My left eye started twitching about a week and a half ago...now my right eye I'm seeing black spots flashes of light all of a sudden...my left foot tingles. I'm 53 years old female and started menopause last March 2017 with hot flashes, dizziness...the dizziness still comes and goes. Prevents me from driving on the freeway and I use to drive on the freeway all the time and still need to for work!!! I was doing good weight wise at 144 pounds..I'm 5 ft 5 but have spiraled to 154. My prayer is that is not pre diabetes which runs in my family..trying to get the weight down now
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible retinal pathology

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ma'am

I can certainly understand your concern

I have worked through your attached query in detail

As per your symptoms, the possibility of retinal pathology is very high.

The dizziness can be secondary to impaired retinal functioning.

It's extremely important to get a fundus eye examination at the earliest to determine further course of action.

This test is exclusively done by an Ophthalmologist.

Black spots and flashes of light are significant indicators of retinal pathology.

The tingling sensation of the foot could be secondary to either vitamin B12 deficiency or a compression disc Prolapse.

Hence it's advisable to evaluate accordingly.

Post your further queries if any
Thank you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana