My left ankle was swollen for about a week then
Get uric acid, X-ray of joint if persists and anti inflammatory drugs
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.
Based on the history you have shared, such swelling can be presenting complaint in case of gouty arthritis. I would advise to get your uric acid checked as well as Xray of affected joint to see any signs of tophi of uric acid as well as to rule out any deformities or joint effusions in ankle joint as well as tarsometatarsal joints.
If problem persists, orthopedic surgeon review or Rheumatologist review may be needed.
Meanwhile using OTC analgesics like acetaminophen or Ibuprofen can be helpful for symptomatic relief. Also using topical application of ibuprofen or capciasin gels can be helpful.
Hope this has answered your query. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?