My husband's triglycerides level increased from 178 to 708 from

Cardiologist
Question
My husband's triglycerides level increased from 178 to 708 from September to present.
Fri, 2 Feb 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that these levels of triglycerides are really high.

For this reason, I recommend making some changes to his diet (avoid sugar or fatty food, increase food reach in omega 3 fatty acids) and start taking fenofibrate, in order to lower his cholesterol levels.

I would also recommend performing an abdominal ultrasound and some blood lab tests:

- complete blood count
- kidney and liver function tests
- lipase and amylase plasma levels.

The raise in Triglycerides does not seem to be related to the difficulty in swallowing.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri