My husband was diagnosed with high bp during a medical
I'm attaching the results of the tests conducted.
1. I would like to know which issues should be immediately addressed.
2. The doctor has prescribed telmisartan 40 mg tablets once a day. Is it the correct dosage at this stage?
3. Is it better to consume this tab at night?
4. Should he abstain from alcohol while using this medicine?
5. Saw somewhere that there may be a chance for occurrence of hypotension. Is it true? If it is, is there anything we can do to prevent it?
6. Is it ok to drive long distance after consuming this medicine?
7. The medical checkup was done as a part of our application for PR to Australia. Is there any serious health condition present, which may prevent us from getting PR ?
Please refer to the detailed answer below
1. There is no urgency in any issues. However focus should be kept in mind for loosing weight.
2. Yes the dosage is correct
3. It should be taken as prescribed by your doctor or as per blood pressure variation.
4. YES alcohol should be avoided with any sort of medications.
5. At the dose prescribed to you by your doctor the chances of having hypotension is negligible. However in case that happens just don’t take the medication next dose and seek medical assistance.
6. Yes you can travel.
7. No there is no serious medical issues and PR won’t b a problem because of this.
Dr Bhanu Partap