My husband just recently had knee surgery . His swelling
Probably a cyst due to surgical procedure, more details are needed.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
The symptoms of your husband are probably related to seroma.
Seroma looks like a swollen lump or a cyst which is filled with fluid.
It usually develops after a surgical procedure.
A photo of the lump would be helpful to help me through the diagnosis.
More details that I may need are:
Does your husband have fever?
Does he have pain in the lump area?
Does he feel rapid heart rate?
When these cysts are red they usually have an infection.
So, I would recommend to continue using antibiotics.
I will be waiting for your response to be able to help you better.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?