My husband is suffering from two failed back surgeries. We
Pain management options explained below in details.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I am sorry that your husband is in pain.
I see that you have already used many of the options of the pain management.
I would recommend using hydrocodone/acetaminophen named Vicodin.
It is a more effective medication than just hydrocodone.
If the pain does not relieve he can take Hydromorphone which is a medication used for severe pain.
Both of the medications are prescribed, so he should consult his doctor before using them.
Other possible options can be antidepressant medications such as Celexa. This is also a prescription medication which may help in relieving the pain.
I also recommend using cold and heat pads for local treatment especially during exercise.
Electrotherapy is a another option to relieve the pain. It uses low voltage of electric stimulation in the area of pain.
This treatment is done at the doctor's office, so you should consult a neurologist.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
You are welcome dear.
Hi again dear,
I am glad I could help you.
You are welcome for any other queries in the future.
Wishing you and your husband a good health. it
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?