My husband is 87. the skin around his elbow is
the skin around his elbow is swollen.
It is not discolored.
It is not painful
It is sort of a soft swelling
It is smooth.
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.
I think your husband is having bursitis.
I can't see the photo you attached because it opens blank but as you describe the symptoms it can be bursitis.
The swelling is the first symptom and latter on may it may start to hurt as bursa stretches more.
It may have been caused by standing too much in a position that puts pressure on elbow.
You can use an elbow pad or support to it and restrict movement.
You can use antinflamatory drugs such advil or naproxen for swelling.
It can go away in 3-4 weeks.
Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.