My husband is 81. He has stage 4 esophageal cancer,
This is lists of drugs:
Sustol -nausea, vomiting
Cinvanti- nausea, vomiting
Carbopatin (Paraplatin)- treat cancer
Paclitaxel (Taxol)- treat cancer
Keytruda (pembrolizumab)- works on immune system
We are trying to make a quality of life decision. My online research indicates with the treatment he could live two years.
There are so many side effects to the treatment. If this is as accurate a guess as possible we are questioning doing the treatment
Hello and thank you for asking
The treatment that your husband it’s undergoing for his cancer has a lot of side effects that can affect the quality of person life.
Of course if the therapy works the person may have a prolonged life; but you have to balance the quality of life and the benefits of the treatment.
If the side effects affect a lot the quality of his life then your husband should have a decision to continue or not the treatment
Feel free to ask further
In this case the prognosis is dependent on how the disease will respond to the treatment ,the general condition of the patient.
We can’t predict exactly how long the patient will live in this condition
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does this blood report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for severe hand cramps
- Suggest treatment for bloating and severe lower abdominal pain while...
- What does a PSA reading of 162 indicate?
- What do intermittent constipation episodes indicate?
- What causes fatigue and dizziness while suffering from supraventricular...
- What causes a bulging vein on the temple of a child?
- What does a large soft lump in the testicular sac indicate?
- What causes persistent pain in the leg after knee surgery?
- Suggest treatment for severe dizziness