question-icon

My husband is 60 yrs old. For the last 3

Posted on Tue, 26 Mar 2019
Question: My husband is 60 yrs old. For the last 3 months he has been experiencing right knee pain radiating down to his foot. He has seen ortho had Mri' s of his knee and back. There is a baker cyst on his knee. He took prednisone which helped. He is getting a cortisone injection this week in his back. Now he is experiencing neck and right shoulder and arm pain. Blood test for Lyme and esr are wnl. Do you have any suggestions. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Varinder Joshi (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
investigatons

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to ,' Ask a doctor service ,'
I have reviewed your query and here is my answer .
He needs investigation as cervical spine xray ap and lateral view .
I also suggest serum calcium level .
He should take painkiller as aceclofenic and neurotonic containing methylcobalamin and pregabalin .
Let me know if I can help you further in this query .
With Regards , Dr Varinder Joshi .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Varinder Joshi