My husband (almost 75) had had 4 different cancers in
He looks terrible. Throughout this, he has had various CT scans, etc. As I read the reports, there is calcification in his heart arteries and "excessive" calcification in the u-shape part of his carotid artery. Today he came home, looks horrible, and complained of swollen ankles and tingling in his feet. I am very worries. As a younger wife, with 3 children. He smoked for way too many years and has COPD (no oxygen). I have noticed a definite change in mood and temperament. I am concerned that the lung doctor is only looking at the lungs and is not responding to the clogged arteries, and the eye doctor (CT scan that mentioned excessive calcification from CT scan is only looking at orbital issues (he fell a couple of months ago- no issues but CT was ordered). I am seeing a bigger picture and that he may die of a stroke or cardiac arrest. What's up with he swollen ankles and tingling?
How long does it take to get an opinion?
Very concerned working wife and mother, Karen
Regarding the swollen ankles and tingling, it is not related to cancer
I have gone through the details you provided.
So he is very fortunate to be a brave fighter through all these cancers. The causes of swollen ankles and tingling can be low protein levels in the body, reduced venous flow due to fragile blood vessels and sometimes transient neuropathy
These all are usually age-related changes.
Even, at this age, some form of cardiac dysfunction an lead to swollen ankles. Certainly, it's not due to cancer.
Thanks and regards
Feel free to ask further questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes inflammation in the lungs while treating pneumonia?
- Can nodules in the lungs be cancerous?
- What are the long term side effects of Cytoxan and Taxotere?
- What does this biopsy report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for cough, headache and nausea
- Suggest treatment for a large tumor in the abdomen
- What is the prognosis for metastatic ampullary carcinoma?
- Suggest treatment for iron deficiency anemia
- What does my lab test report indicate?
- Is missing a dosage of medicine during anti tubular lymphadenitis...