My husband. Is having trouble with shortness of breath ,

Dr. Anders Mark Christensen

General Surgeon

Posted on Sun, 20 Jan 2019 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: My husband. Is having trouble with shortness of breath, fatigue, and fluid retention ever since abdominal surgery for ruptured ulcer. What do we need to do?Welcome to '
Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Is he still admitted?

Detailed Answer:
Hi Theresadams,

Is your husband still admitted? If so, I suggest you ask the staff at the department. If not, I suggest you take him to your own doctor for a physical examination. These symptoms are suggestive of heart failure, but may also be more temporarily associated with acute surgery.

Please let me know if you have further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Anders Mark Christensen 1 hour later
He is not admitted this surgery was done in March of this year and he has since been back in with PE's and now has a filter in place and blood thinners. He has had mild pneumonia and just never has gotten better.
Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
It sounds like a stroke

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

What you describe sounds like a stroke, was he diagnosed with that? I recommend physical rehabilitation. The state is not necessarily stationary, but may improve gradually and slowly.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj