My heart rate regularly runs 105-110 beats per minute. I
I would explain as follows:
Welcome to Ask a Doctor service!
I passed carefully through your question and would explain that a mean heart rate of 105-110bpm in a patient who has a pacemaker, shows that this is the heart's own rhythm and this is not related to the device.
There are many causes which could lead to a higher mean heart rate including: chronic anemia, thyroid gland dysfunction, electrolyte imbalance, etc.
For this reason, I recommend checking again your complete blood count, your thyroid hormone levels and blood electrolytes.
Treatment of anemia is necessary, if it is still present as you refer.
It is also important discussing with your doctor if the heart rhythm is regular (normal sinus tachycardia) or irregular.
In case of normal sinus rhythm, there is nothing to worry about.
Hope to have been helpful!
I remain at your disposal for any further questions whenever you need!
Wishing all the best,
Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist
I would recommend as follows:
Let me explain that the first issue to clarify is the nature of your heart rhythm. If it is normal sinus rhythm, then your increased heart rate is an expression of sinus tachycardia.
In such case, the reasons of your heart rate at 105-110bpm, could be related to several causes like mild heart failure, anemia, thyroid gland dysfunction, obesity, electrolyte imbalance, pulmonary dysfunction, anxiety, persistent systemic inflammation, etc..
Otherwise, if the heart rhythm becomes irregular, then cardiac arrhythmia should be sought.
That's why it is important to review ECG recordings first.
Regarding your other concern or potential sexual adverse effects of your therapy, now it is proved that uncontrolled hypertension is worse than a carefully balanced anti-hypertensive therapy.
Your actual therapy seems to be in the safer part for such purpose.
Hope to have clarified some of your uncertainties!
Wishing all the best,
Dr. Ilir Sharka
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?