My grandson has been having occasional pain on his right
Pains come & go thru out the day. The last 2 nights around 2:00 am, the pains come and goes. Any thoughts
Please get him examined by a pediatrician
Thanks for asking on Ask a doctor platform
I have gone through the query and do understand your concern.
Pain in right side of the upper abdomen which is disturbing sleep should be evaluated by a pediatrician.
Many a times in this age pain abdomen is functional, means without any significant underlying cause. But functional pain should not disturb sleep, is usually around umbilical region and its vague/dull in nature. I would like to know if any other associated symptoms like indigestion, vomiting, cough or loose motion are also there along with the pain.
Here as the site, character and timing of pain is unusual I would suggest you to get him evaluated by a pediatrician to rule out any underlying problem like stone in gall bladder, some inflammation in liver or other cause.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of poisoning in a child?
- Suggest treatment for severe cough and fever in a child
- What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
- Can an infant be fed with castor oil to cure colic?
- What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
- Suggest remedy for neck swelling in a child
- Suggest remedy for constipation in children
- Suggest remedy for persistent dry cough and cold in a child
- Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
- Suggest remedy for headache, dizziness and vomiting