My grandmother is experiencing high blood pressure vomiting and dizziness

Dr. Antoneta Zotaj

Posted on Wed, 2 Jan 2019 in General Health
Question: My grandmother is experiencing high blood pressure vomiting and dizziness. She’s been in hospital for 2 days now can’t seem to find the problem. Could it possibly be gallbladder?
Answered by Dr. Antoneta Zotaj 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Its unlikely to be due to gallbladder if she has no pain

Detailed Answer:

Gallbladder would cause her to have right upper abdominal pain together with the vomiting so if she does not have the pain very likely she does not have problems with the gallbladder.
High blood pressure can sometimes cause patients to have other symptoms as well like dizziness or nausea or sometimes when patients don't feel well due to other symptoms their blood pressure can go high.

She will need a good examination and repeated measurements of the blood pressure because single measurement does not suffice to have an idea what her blood pressure is and probably she will have some tests like ECG and heart ultrasound to make sure that the heart is doing well. She will have some blood tests like sugar level, lipids, CBC, ERS, liver function tests, kidney function tests, urinalysis, etc.

After regular check of the blood pressure and the tests and examinations the doctors will know better which is the cause of the high blood pressure and the vomiting and dizziness and give her proper treatment.

Many times if no problems are found as the cause of the high blood pressure (this happens in most of the patients as hypertension in most cases is essential meaning no real cause is identified) and they find no problem with the tests and examination the doctor will give her medications for the blood pressure and medications for the vomiting so to treat her symptoms and follow her up to make sure all is well.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Antoneta Zotaj

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy