My girlfriend has what I would assume is a medial

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 31 Jan 2019 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My girlfriend has what I would assume is a medial cuneiform fracture with massive swelling and what appears to be nerve damage. She has been through surgery and had screws put in which have since been taken out. She claims that it even hurts to touch the area and cries out in pain when doing so. It has been this way for two years and she is afraid she will never be able to dance again. Is this the case? Will it ever go back to normal and not hurt? What can be done?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
A nerve related pain likely.

Detailed Answer:

The extreme pain that she is having even after the area has properly healed is suggestive of a nerve damage in the area. Such neural pains are a difficult thing to treat. Regular stretching exercises, supplements like methylcobalamin, local steroid injections and medicines like pregabalin can help her to some extent. You need to consult a neurologist regarding this.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.