question-icon

My girlfriend and I were play fighting and I was

Posted on Sun, 24 Mar 2019
Question: My girlfriend and I were play fighting and I was hit hard on the left/center of my throat. It hurts to swallow - no voice changes or visible bruising/swelling. Do I need to go to a doctor?
Answered by Dr. Rajat Basak (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Hii. I don't think it's a serious injury. But if the pain and difficulty in

Detailed Answer:
Hii. I don't think it's a serious injury. But if the pain and difficulty in swallowing is increasing after 1 week then consult an ENT surgeon. Do a chest X ray and soft tissue neck X ray lateral. You can have a endoscopy to see the interior of larynx. Start paracetamol tablet. If there is any obvious swelling then you need to consult and you have to do an ultrasonography neck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Rajat Basak

ENT Specialist