Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

134 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

My father got a small accident 3 weeks before and

Answered by
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Practicing since :1994

Answered : 10868 Questions

Posted on Fri, 9 Feb 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My father got a small accident 3 weeks before and got some jerk on his calf muscles of both his legs. He consulted to some orthopedic surgeon and he suggested some x-rays and blood tests ( attaching the reposts for the same), as per x-ray report there is no fracture in both of his legs. He is allergic to dust and some medicines ( attaching his medical treatment prescriptions for the allergy medications along with other reports).
Currently he is having swelling in both of his calf muscles and there is no relief in the pain with the prescribed medications. Can you please suggest some medications or further Line of treatment which he can go for so that he can get relief from the pain in both of his legs.
PS. doctor suggested him full bed rest and asked to keep his legs over the pillow on bed
Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 minutes later
He is allergic to ibuprofen
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be blood clot or muscle strain.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query.
I have seen all the attached reports. There is no evidence of fracture. The swelling of calf muscles and persistent pain can be due to blood clots or a muscle strain. A color doppler scan of the legs will help in ruling out a blood clot. He can do a hot compress and apply a local analgesic gel for temporary relief. He can also get oral muscle relaxants prescribed in case the color doppler scan is normal.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on