My father died suddenly last month from iscaemic heart disease
You are right as main causes are hypertension, atherosclerosis.
I can understand your concern. As per your history, I think that sinusitis or tab. Domperidone are not contributing factors for this mishap. The main cause may be ischaemic heart disease associated with hypertension, atherosclerosis.
As you said he is always breathless and history of nose bleeding, please let me know whether his blood pressure was under control? Whether he is on regular follow up with physician for hypertension? What was his sugar levels? As diabetes is one of the contributory factor for ischaemic heart disease. Kindly follow up with detailed history.
I think for symptoms like continuous breathlessness and hypertension, he would have been consult with cardiologist and per his condition he would suggest investigations like electrocardiogram, 2D Echo, treadmill test or coronary angiography to rule out any cardiac pathology. So these measures shows better outcome in such cases.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. Thank you.
Dr Shyam Kale
Family and general physician.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and alterations in the shape of the testicle?
- What causes numbness and pain in the arms and lower right back along...
- What can cause dry patches on the penis?
- What causes fever and cough along with green mucus in the throat despite...
- Can Oxybutynin be taken for bladder spasms after recovering from UTI?
- Should I be concerned about cysts at the arches of the feet?
- Is Fertyl M tablet suitable for men or women?
- What energy supplements are safe to consume with milk by an elderly person?
- What causes swelling in the cheek while on Azithromycin for sinusitis...
- What can cause severe leg cramps and cold sweats?