My entire head is very tender , itchy and swollen
Possible causes explained- some more information is needed
Headache with fever can generally be due to an infection you are going through. It may be a viral infection of the upper respiratory system like common cold or it can be sinusitis or other bacterial infections like tonsillitis. Presence of other symptoms is important to determine which of these is the cause:
- for how long have you had the symptoms?
- do you have runny nose or blocked nose?
- do you have blocked ears or noise in the ears?
- is the headache worse on certain parts of the head?
- is the headache worse on bending head forward?
- how strong is the headache from 1-10 (10 the maximum possible)
- do you have sore throat?
- any shortness of breath or chest pain?
- any skin rash or any other complaint?
- Is advil and tylenol helping at all?
- do you have any confusion or problem with orientation?
Please let me know of the above so I can better understand the cause of the headache and give you proper advice. You can copy my questions in your reply and answer each of them underneath so you don't miss them.
Waiting to hear from you.
Antoneta Zotaj, General and Family Physician