My doctor did a cbc and my WBC are at

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2018
Jan 2018
Question
My doctor did a cbc and my WBC are at 15, and the GRA#is at 11.7. The GRAN% was 83. He wasn't worried one bit and said that it was normal for a pregnancy. Im in ny second trimeater. Does that sound about right? also I woke up today with a tiny of orange coating on my tongue, is that a cause for concern?
Sun, 4 Feb 2018 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Keep watch on younger discoloration, some more information.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, I welcome you to HCM virtual clinic. I have understood your concern and I will suggest you the best possible treatment options.

First of all do not panic.

I would like to know whether your blood test was part of routine check up or were you having any fever or flue like symptoms?
If your are asymptomatic then please do not worry about the reports.

As such during pregnancy white blood cells count is usually higher than normal range of 12000/CMM. Upto 15000 can be considered as normal if patient is asymptomatic.
This is due physiological changes during pregnancy.

I suppose GRA# 11.7 , you mean to say Hemoglobin level is 11.7g%.
This is normal and within limits..

Please keep watch on your tongue discoloration.
Has it changed over last few days?
Are you having any problems with your bowel movements?

Please feel free to communicate with me again.
Please trust fully in your treating doctor.
Do consume Iron, Calcium and Folic acid and vitamin B 12 supplements regularly.
Think positive.
Meditate regularly.

May God bless you with a bundle of XXXXXXX
I hope this helps you.
Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

Follow-up: My doctor did a cbc and my WBC are at 32 minutes later
I had some abdominal pain but they chalked it up to be part of pregnancy. No fever or anything else. the tongue I just noticed today. my BM are pretty normal, I do get constipated at times due to pregnancy. I have attached blood test for your review.

Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Keep watch, use thermometer, Citrus fruits, Lactulose if needed

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, thanks for appreciating the answer and reverting back.

I have gone through the reports attached herewith.
As you have rightly pointed out that there are 2 high values.
Usually when there is acute infection or if the infective pathogens load is high then GRAN count is on higher side.

But as you do not seem to have any kind of fever or infection, let's just keep watch on your vital parameters.
I will suggest you to keep watch on your body temperature. If at all you feel like fever , please measure body temperature with thermometer and if it's above 98.4 F, then inform your treating doctor immediately.

To keep up with your general health, I will suggest you to opt a healthy diet and regular exercise regimen. Include more portions of fruits and vegetables and salads in daily diet and have plenty of water in the day. Use of citrus fruits is advisable.

I will suggest you to have green leafy vegetables in the diet , this will help to regulate bowel movements and prevent constipation.
If need please seek prescription support from your treating doctor for mild laxative like Lactulose, to help out with constipation.

Think positive.
Things will be fine in the due course of time.

I hope this helps you.
Please take some time to rate this answer and write a review about usefulness of the answer. I will highly appreciate it.
Thanks
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

Follow-up: My doctor did a cbc and my WBC are at 16 minutes later
thank you! Are those numbers too high? My doctor did say that they are elevated due to pregnancy. should I still stick with that response or do i worry? he said that a WBC of 15 is within normal limits for pregnancy. I just don't want to have to worry that it's cancer or something like that.

Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No risk of cancer. Be alert. It's normal for pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Hi there

Let me assure you that with these reports there is no harm to your pregnancy and you.
There is nothing suggesting anything like cancer.
These counts are normal for pregnancy. This is due to physiological changes during pregnancy.

Please follow the instructions discussed earlier. Let's not panic and harm yourself with stress.
Be alert, about body temperature and signs of fever, flue, upper respiratory tract infection etc.
Think positive.
Be alert.
Enjoy pregnancy.
God bless you always

Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

Follow-up: My doctor did a cbc and my WBC are at 2 hours later
thank you! I still am experiencing abdominal pain here and there. this is my first pregnancy so I can't tell if it's normal. would the pain be severe and accompanied by a fever if it were appendicitis?

Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Broad spectrum antibiotic, uterine relaxant, Progesterone support

Detailed Answer:

Please get it confirmed from your gynecologist whether the pain is located in the right lower side of abdomen to be the pain of appendix origin or on the uterus .

According to the site you can seek prescription support for a broad spectrum antibiotic like tablet containing Amoxicillin and Clavulinic acid two times a day for 5 days and or uterine relaxant like Isoxsuprine 10 mg 3 times a day for 10 days along with tablet of Natural micronized Progesterone 200 mg 2 times a day for 10 days.

Thai should take care of your abdominal symptoms.
Thanks.
I hope his answer helps you.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar