My dentist told me that they see some flattening of

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist

Posted on Sun, 6 Jan 2019 in Dental Health
Question: My dentist told me that they see some flattening of my right condyle and that this could indicate a possible jaw disc dislocation.

I do not have any current pain in my jaw joints. Sometimes I hear clicking and popping but there is no clicking and popping when I open and close my mouth. Every once in a while, if I am stressed, I do have pain in my joints.

I am really, really afraid of developing condylar resorption. Specifically, I am afraid of getting the type of resorption that is severe and causes jaw deformity. I think this mostly happens to teenage girls in their pubertal growth phase.

Does my dislocated disc put me at risk for developing this kind of condylar resorption?
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Condyles looks fine

Detailed Answer:
Hi..

I have viewed the x ray and the condyles looks pretty fine.

The condylar space where the disc should be appears pretty normal.

Also taking consideration of your symptoms and co relating it with the x ray I do not find anything serious or abnormal.

You can get MRI SCAN done for more detailed explanation.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Regards.
Dr. Honey Arora, Dentist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy