My daughter who is sixteen is having fever of 104
Give some fever-reducing medicines like paracetamol, observe for symptoms
Thanks for asking on this platform
I have gone through the query and do understand your concern.
I would suggest you give ACETAMINOPHEN (Paracetamol) adult dosage that is 500 mg and monitor temperature. Avoid over clothing, give plenty of fluids and observe for symptoms like a severe headache, vomiting, altered sensorium. I hope with paracetamol the fever will settle but if you notice any other significant symptoms which warrant emergency treatment please take her to the nearby hospital.
If fever recurs or there are other associated symptoms like a cough, cold, urinary difficulties, vomiting or pain abdomen please consult your physician for clinical evaluation and management.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of poisoning in a child?
- Suggest treatment for severe cough and fever in a child
- What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
- Can an infant be fed with castor oil to cure colic?
- What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
- Suggest remedy for neck swelling in a child
- Suggest remedy for constipation in children
- Suggest remedy for persistent dry cough and cold in a child
- Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
- Suggest remedy for headache, dizziness and vomiting