My daughter is suffering from loose motion from yesterday and
1. Can we give Econorm to her and if yes what should be the dosage?
2. I have attached the XXXXXXX image for your reference and kindly advise if this is the same medicine which can be give to kids.
Weight: 16 KG
The alternative sachets can also be given. You may also give curd instead
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.
I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. Most often children suffer from viral infections which make them pass loose watery stools. However, giving Zentel could also be contributory. The cause does not need to be treated and is self limiting. But the lost water and salts need to be replenished. ORS (oral rehydration solution) is the mainstay of treatment and needs to be given. If the child is otherwise active and playful you need not worry.
Also give curd or yogurt since it contains plenty of beneficial bacteria and should help. You can give Econorm - 1 XXXXXXX twice daily for the next few days. I have checked the XXXXXXX image and it is the practically the same as econorm and can be given. Also give zinc supplements like Zinconia Syr 10 ml once daily for the next 10 days. You need not worry. It should gradually return back to normal.
Should I just ask for ORS in medical shop or is there a specific brand which produces ORS specifically for kids?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever