My daughter is 47 and she is having crawling skin

Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist

Posted on Sun, 30 Dec 2018 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: My daughter is 47 and she is having crawling skin on her head and face and it is not lice. She also is having terrible trouble regulating her temperature. She is very hot and then very, very cold. It could be menopause but she believes it is something more. She also feels very weak and exhausted. They have moved next to power lines and she thinks they may be to blame. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
about your daughter's health;

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!
I can understand your concern regarding to your daughter's health.
It may be an allergic reaction, infection, thyroid pathologies or rheumatologic pathology.
To have a better idea of the skin lesions you mentioned, it would be better to attach a picture of them. You would also check her body temperature three times a day and give information about it.
I do not know if she has seen any physician during this time, but a detailed clinical examination and the below blood tests would help:
-Full blood count and ESR
-Proteine C reactive
-TSH,ft4 and ft3
-Liver and renal function tests (AST,ALT,GGT, urea and creatinine).
-Electolytes.
Please attach the above mentioned information and the results of the blood tests, for further suggestions.
Best wishes.
Dr.Mirjeta
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad