My daughter is 14 now and has only been having

Dr. Shanti Vennam

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 26 Mar 2019 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: My daughter is 14 now and has only been having a menstrual cycle since XXXXXXX of 2018. I found out when she was 13 that her step father had been molesting her since she was approximately 6 (he is now in prison). We found out today that she has fluid in her fallopian tube and that is what is causing extreme pain. Could she have gotten this from the years of sexual trama?
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Infection is possible.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.

I have gone through your query and would like to offer some information. I agree with you that the sexual trauma over the years may have caused the infection that has created this clinical situation.

However, since she is menstruating now, it is also possible that the infection may have occurred recently. I think a proper clinical examination along with specific treatment should cure the problem. Follow up should be done to detect after effects like persistent infections, possible tubal occlusion which can be remedied if detected early.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.