My daughter in law just returned from Pavones, Costa Rica
This evening she has a rash on all of her joints, is extremely fatigued, and continues to have diarrhea.
Could this be a result of her recent trip? A Parasite? A form of Hep C?
It certainly could
What you describe could definitely be a type of hepatitis, probably A, or a parasite/virus, which could be intestinal or more systemic, e.g. dengue fever. You should go to her general practitioner for blood tests and possibly a referral to an expert in infectious diseases.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I have ulcerative colitis and have had it for 12
- I have sharp pains that come in waves that feel
- Hi, My wife had an urine infection for last 4
- I have severe pain going all around my mid section
- My PCP precribed a sonogram of my abdomen because he
- Hey doctor, For the last couple of months I have
- My mother has stage 4 ovarian cancer . Her medical
- Yes Please. About a week ago I started to have
- I have a question about Prostatitis . For the past
- I have been having sudden onset’s of direreah that has