My daughter has lost some weight shes about 5'3" and
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Hair loss is common post significant weight loss and post a major illness. This excess hair fall post a stressful event such as weight loss and illness, is known as Telogen Effluvium wherein the hair follicle gets shifted from growth phase (Anagen) to resting phase (Telogen) and is subsequently shed. Telogen effluvium is self limited as the resting hair follicle resumes its growth phase with time as the stressful event gets over. This may take 3-6 months. I suggest her to take a balanced nutritious diet. She may take an oral biotin supplement 5 -10 mg for a few months.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body