Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

My daughter has had "ix" tests done and I wonder what they are for?

Jun 2015
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 3337 Questions
Hi, My daughter has had "ix" tests done and I wonder what they are for?
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: To rule out bleeding disorder (like Hemophilia) Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Thanks for your query. By "ix" test, I assume that you are referring to Factor IX test. Factor IX test is a blood test that measures the activity of factor IX, one of the substances involved in blood clotting (coagulation) & is used to find the cause of too much bleeding in an individual. It is considered as a screening test to detect the presence of, or rule out any bleeding disorder (like Hemophilia) in a child. If possible, kindly attach the test reports along with a brief history of the symptoms your daughter is having. It will be helpful for us to understand your concern better & formulate an appropriate management plan. Hoping to hear from you soon. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor