My daughter had beautiful healthy baby girl February 1. She
She was bleeding profusely. Doctors said uterus didn’t tighten
Put balloon in and bleeding eventually stopped
Was c section
She was getting cramps and was worried that something was wrong . I suggested she ask doctor for ultrasound and they didn’t want to do it . But she said it would give her peace of mind
Did not realize they would do internal vaginal ultrasound
Doctor said all looks good
A few hours later she has Discomfort
Feels better just peeing a lot
Concerned that having transvaginal ultrasound
Was not good idea
She feels good now except for peeing constantly
Her body has indents as if clothes were too tight and had a lot of IV’s
Up and down anxiety
Was it safe to have trabsva
Help her to get out of anxiety
I can understand your concerns.
Following is my reply:
1) It is safe to have the transvaginal scan (TVS) and it is recommended at this stage.
2) These symptoms are not due to TVS.
3) She probably has a urinary tract infection (UTI).
4) Please get a urine analysis and culture sensitivity study done which will be of help in identifying urinary tract infection.
5) As of now, I recommend to let her hydrate a lot and to have more sleep. This might reduce her headache and restlessness which could be due to stress and anxiety.
6) Anxiety is a common reason for such episodes. Let her stay calm which will help her more.
Let me know if you need any more help.
Baby 8 days old today . Our 24 month old grandson seems good
My daughters husband developed a cold. He went to doctor and doctor told him to stay away from baby a couple of days since he has viral and is contagious.
They have small apartment .
Do you think alright for him to stay in apartment if he has cold?
Should we bring our grandson home?
We are worried about 8 day old baby being near someone with a cold. Or a place that has cold germs.
And think our grandson has to go home. He doesn't know he has a new sister living with them.
My daughter feels a cold coming on and is breastfeeding
What to do?
Hope you can answer quickly as we have to make decision quickly.
This will not affect newborn baby
It is safe to stay in same apartment though daughter's husband has cold. Let him maintain distance with baby in same apartment and not be worried of exposure to baby.
It does not matter even if your daughter gets cold. Dont worry about these events. This will not affect newborn.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for endometriosis
- Suggest treatment for extremely painful back and pelvis due to adenomyosis
- What causes postmenopausal bleeding, severe elbow pain and ankle swelling?
- Do Duphaston and Siphene help in getting conceived?
- What causes swollen painful pubic area post full hysterectomy?
- What causes bleeding ears and pain under lower left rib cage?
- What causes lesion on labia minora with negative STD panel test?
- Does I pill taken two years ago cause irregular periods?
- Is NuvaRing an effective reversible method of birth control?
- What causes itching around labia after menstruation?