My daughter had a 3D mammogram Wednesday. They have found
There are other causes than cancer that cause inverted nipple.
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.
Of course there are different breast diseases other than cancer that cause inverted nipple. Other than cancer it may be caused by fibradenoma ( benign tumours), ductectasia (widening of milk ducts), trauma when cicatrix is formed retracting nipple.
Taking count of her quite long history of inverted nipple (7 years) it sounds as a benign cause because a cancer should have given many other symptoms earlier.
Wishing and hoping it to be benign.
Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.