• question-icon

My daughter 22 months old has got fever since morning

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: My daughter 22 months old has got fever since morning and temperature is around 99 degree. No other symptoms. I have started crocin ds 3.5 ml. Is this dosage correct as i am following given by my pedeac last time. Any other precautions.
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please get back to me with the weight of the child

Detailed Answer:
Hi...Thank you for consulting in Health Care magic.

Fever of few days without any localizing signs could as well a viral illness. Usually rather than fever, what is more important is the activity of the child, in between 2 fever episodes on the same day.

If the kid is active and playing around when there is no fever, it is probably viral illness and it doesn't require antibiotics at all. Once viral fever comes it will there for 4-7 days. So do not worry about duration if the kid is active.

Paracetamol can be given in the dose of 15mg/kg/dose (maximum ceiling dose of 500mg) every 4-6th hourly that too only if fever is more than 100F. I suggest not using combination medicines for fever, especially with Paracetamol.

IF YOU CAN GET BACK TO ME WITH THE CURRENT WEIGHT OF THE KID, THEN I WILL SUGGEST YOU THE APPROPRIATE DOSE OF CROCIN DS.

Medicines in pediatrics are not prescribed according to the age, they are prescribed according to the weight of the kid. So please get back to me with the current weight of the kid.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 22 minutes later
Her weight is 11.2kgs
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Dose of paracetamol

Detailed Answer:
Hi... you can give her Crocin DS at 3.5 ml. The dose is correct. Give it only if temperature is more than 100 degrees Fahrenheit, with a minimum gap of 4 hours in between two doses.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth
Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician, Pulmonology