My daughter 20 months old is suffering from ear wax
Ear examination needed. Antibiotics likely to be needed
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concern. Rather than putting olive oil, there are other fomulations available for cleaning ear wax (eg. Ceruclean Drop) which I will insist you to apply three to four times a day for the next few days. Since there is a bad smell, the ear needs to be examined and antibiotic drops like Ciplox Drop (can also come as eye drop, but it is the same thing) four times daily in the ear for the next 4-5 days. You might also need to give steam inhalation to the child.
I would strongly insist you to visit an ENT doctor to get the child evaluated.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever