My d dimer level is 2.16 (previously 2.23). My doctor

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Sat, 5 Jan 2019 in Blood Disorders
Question: My d dimer level is 2.16 (previously 2.23). My doctor did a nuclear medicine lung scan and said there's no blood clot in lungs. Therefore what is causing this elevated d dimer level? I have raynauds condition, Asthma and excema
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello. It is non specific

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have gone through the query. So d dimer is considered significant only if it is raised substantially above its upper range, like more than 10 times. Otherwise it can be raised in many conditions like trivial trauma, stress or infections. If nuclear lung scan is normal, then there is nothing to worry.
Thanks and regards
Feel free to ask further
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 7 hours later
Thank you doctor.

What is the normal range of d dimer?

My doctor said I have no infection because my blood count is normal and I have no inflammation since my CRP is normal. But my d dimer is high so he's concerned whether it's an indication of cancer? Is that possible?

I had infected acne problem( yellow spot and pus) last year but doctor refused to take that in to account since my blood count is normal now.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Hello. less than 500ng/ml is normal

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. So we take a value less than 500 ng/ml as normal. I would like to know , why this test was ordered. Also, please upload the lab report so that i can give you more information. Just on the basis of elevated d dimer, cancer can not be diagnosed.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 27 minutes later
It's in hospital they did this test. I went for swollen ankle and chest pain. They said it's their routine test mainly for older people but they accidentally did this for me. But since it's high they are concerned
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 45 minutes later
Reports attached
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 14 minutes later
Sorry doctor. It'seems a long attachments but I attached everything they gave me. Please advise what is wrong with me
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello. Iam unable to find it

Detailed Answer:
Hello. I have seen all the reports but unable to find it. Please upload the specific report. Till then no need to worry, as i said mild elevation without any reason is non specific.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 25 minutes later
I have attached the relevant sheet. It is ending with refxxxx2058. That's the only document they gave which says my d dimer 2.12 and previously 2.63.

Other than this is there are anything that concerns with my reports? Anything I need to take care in future etc?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello. Reports seem fairly ok

Detailed Answer:
Hello. So your rest reports seem fairly normal. Nothing to worry.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 3 hours later
Thank you. one last question before I leave, are these tests and scans are sufficient evidence for my doctor to rule out the possibility of any cancer in my body?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello dear. So at your age no lab is required

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. These tests are ok. Moreover at your age, only screening for cervix cancer is mandatory and nothing else.
Thanks and regards
Feel free to ask further