My clitoris is itchy and irritated and a little red

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 15 Jan 2019 in Women's Health
Question: My clitoris is itchy and irritated and a little red and very irritated. I think what's causing it is the fact that I used bath salts (like the kinds from bath and body works, not the drug) that I bought at a goodwill over a year ago when I bathe for the last two days. The first day it was slightly irritated now its really irritated. Do I need to see a doctor? How do I make this problem go away? I'm not having problems urinating or weired discharge only the itchiness and irritation.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to fungal infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting us about your healthcare.
I have gone through your history and understand your concern.
It could be due to fungal infection caused by fungus.
You should take antifungal medicine for the same.
Keep the area dry and clean and drink a lot of warm water and eat lots of vegetables and fruits.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 54 minutes later
Should I see a doctor or do they have that kind of stuff at the store? Do I need a prescription? Is it expensive? Is there anything else I can do? Is there any way it will just go away on its own? I'm kind of short on money so I dont want to have to go to a doctor and get a prescription unless its serious.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 39 hours later
Brief Answer:
No most likely not a serious issue.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Sorry for the delay in my response.
It is due to fungal infection and over the counter antifungal is available in medical store without any prescription.
No need to worry about it, not a very expensive treatment.
Hope you found it useful
Good luck

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad