My brother is an adult with Downes syndrome. He is

Question
My brother is an adult with Downes syndrome. He is 55 years old. He's a clotter and takes 20MG of xarelto each day. Recently, we noticed a vein on his head, partially on his forehead and partially on the top, that had expanded. About 2-21/2 inches long. It didn't stay fr very long. He suffers from rhinitis and also developed a cold during an episode of rhinitis. During this time, while laying down, he cried out that he felt like he was going to pass out. He's recovered pretty much from the rhinitis and cold episode but again this morning he cried out stating he felt he was going to pass out. He was laying down this time as well. What could be the cause and what type of doctor should I take him to?
Thu, 8 Feb 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
MRI may be needed

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. Your brother seemed to have experienced dizziness and given his history of clotting I would recommend he undergoes a head MRI. I would refer him to a neurologist for an in-person examination.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards.