Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

My boyfriend was kneed in the testicles and they are swollen and painful. What can he do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10460 Questions
My boyfriend's was kneed in the testicals and they are swollen and he's in a lot of pain. What can he do?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

An injury to testicles followed by pain and swelling is suggestive of hematoma formation. Cold compress to the area will take care of further bleeding right now.

He needs to be examined by his physician for possible infections and assessment of extent of injury.

Treatment includes adequate scrotal support, pain killers and oral antibiotics to avoid any infection. A collection of blood might need drainage under local anesthesia.

Please consult your primary physician for an early treatment.

I hope this answers your query effectively. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor