My boyfriend has symptoms such as sudden onset of extreme
Transient ischemic attack
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor.
Depending on how long your boyfriend has been having these symptoms or if they are intermittent, I would be concerned about a possible transient ischemic attack, or TIA, or a stroke. These can often have symptoms such as what you described, including slurred speech, vision changes, and often, but not always, with weakness on one side of the body. If he has not already been evaluated, I would recommend that he be seen by a doctor urgently to rule this out.
There may also be another explanation for his symptoms, such as rarely a type of migraine that would cause this, but you would definitely want to make sure there was no stroke before settling on this diagnosis.
I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any other questions and I would be glad to discuss it further with you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining