My blood sugar is high, i visited a doctor today
I also have alocepia, hair loss , could the count in blood cells be the reason for it?
Blood sugar needs further control, RBC and WBCs are in normal range.
Welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I have gone through the attached reports and the blood sugar is now much lower than earlier, and white blood cells and red blood cells are within normal range so do not worry about them at all.
You must focus on reducing the blood sugar levels by diet restriction and taking the insulin and other medicines prescribed by your doctor regularly, as advised by your doctor.
You need to keep a tight control of blood sugar levels by following up with your treating doctor at least once in 15 days to once a month.
Since RBC counts and WBC counts are normal, do not link it to alopecia.
Hope that answers your query for now.
I have hair loss due to alocepia, 50% of my hair is gone, i tried minidoxil 5 mg, doesnt seem to work
Not significantly high, due water loss in urine because of high sugars.
HCT is shown to be higher and that means the volume of RBCs as a percentage of total volume of blood is 51% and it is in your case very likely due to water loss in urine as a result of high blood sugar levels.
Essentially there is haemoconcentration going on that is reflected as high HCT.
Continue to drink enough water, and keep your sugar levels under control.
MCHC is marginally lower, not at all significant.
WBCs are within normal limits.
I hope that clears your doubt.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal pain, history of gall bladder disease. Overnight treatments?
- Bleeding from a razor cut. HIV infection chances?
- Had craniotomy done after accident. Can I masturbate now?
- Pregnant via IVF, second pregnancy. Problems with vaginal delivery?...
- How much does liver cancer surgery cost in Canada? Will Health Canada...
- Sore throat, abdominal pain. Blood work and strep test good. Had bowel...
- 3 week old baby, cries while passing urine, holds body tight while...
- Persistent red and pink urine, stressed. Serious?
- White discharge from surgery wound, pus from the internal stitches....
- What steps to take to lessen plaque in arteries and lower chances of...