My blood pressure this evening has registered at 184/80. I
Detailed explanation below
If you do not experience any other symptoms with this blood pressure like headache, vision changes, nausea, dizziness, heart pounding, chest pain, shortness or breath or neurological symptoms (weakness or tingling in extremities or difficulty swallowing or problems with speech), very likely there is nothing to worry at the moment. Just try to relax and measure the blood pressure in 1-2 hours, very likely it will be much better. Try to avoid drinks that have caffeine like cola, coffee or energy drinks and avoid situations that might be stressful to you.
If none of the above symptoms is present generally it is safe for you to monitor your blood pressure tonight and see your doctor the next day.
If you develop any of the symptoms mentioned above other then the high blood pressure it might be good for you to see a doctor soon to make sure all is well and rule out possible complications.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Antoneta Zotaj
General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- is it hpv?
- I am 77 years old and one breast is very
- I felt a sudden sharp pain in my inside wrist
- Is there a sleeping aid that I can use with
- Hi, I have been having acne problems for the past
- Can you look at the results of a stool test
- Hi my names is Isabel I’m 24 years old and
- I have had bladder infection after bladder infection on going
- Where can I find a doctor who will test and
- Feeling weak for about a week ! Why ?