My blood pressure is 183 over 105. Tested at home.
4:35 pm central standard time. Your thoughts
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on Ask a Doctor service!
I understand your concern and would explain that your blood pressure values are high.
For this reason I would recommend taking another pill of your antihypertensive drugs or taking Captopril 25mg sublingually ( if you have this drug at home).
I would like to know your current therapy for high blood pressure. When did you take the last pill?
Do you have any symptoms like shortness of breath, chest pain, numbness on your limbs, etc.?
In such cases, I would recommend going to the ER.
Otherwise, having some rest and taking another pill of your antihypertensive drugs would be OK. A glass of lemon juice could also be helpful.
I remain at your disposal for any further questions whenever you need!
Wishing all the best,
Dr.Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?