Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

My blood cholesterol is 228. Do I need a doctor consultation?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 816 Questions
my blood colesterol is 228. Kindly suggest do I need a doctor consultation.
Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 59 minutes later
Thank you for putting up your problem to Healthcare Magic!
You are right now consulting the doctor albeit online.
Your cholesterol level is higher than acceptable to be safe.
Higher level is related to increased atherosclerosis and cardiovascular and stroke risks are much more with these levels.
First and foremost you should get your baseline cardiac status evaluated with ECG and ECHO tests.
You should modify your life style in form of daily regular exercises about 30minutes brisk walking/jogging for >3km a day at least 5days/week.
Cut down on fried foods, red meat, interval snacks, fast foods, and refined sugars and saturated fats in diet.
Include fat XXXXXXX in PUFA like safflower oil, sunflower oil, Soya oil for cooking.
Repeat the Lipid profile and get Thyroid function test early morning empty stomach levels for reference.
Whether you need any medicines would be decided at that time.
You need to start the treatment after consulting your gynecologist.
I hope this information would be both informative and helpful for you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor