My baby is 6 days old delivered at around 36
No need to worry
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.
I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. Let me assure you that a newborn can sleep 20 hours a day and there is nothing to worry about.
Let me emphasize on the fact that breast milk is the best possible milk for a baby and there can be no alternatives for the same. You need not wake up the child to feed her. Feed her as per demand. All you need to do is to monitor the urine output. If the frequency is more than 6 times in 24 hours, you would know that the amount of feeding is adequate. If the amount of passage of urine is less chances are that you need to wake her as the feed is inadequate. Only ig the child is lethargic you would need to take the child to a doctor without delay.
Let me know if you have further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever