My aunt 60 years of age is having pain in

Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2019 in Back Pain
Question: My aunt 60 years of age is having pain in the lumber area....x ray reveals degenerative lumber spondylosis ( Rec: CT/MR LS Spine)...report attached....plz suggest
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pl see below

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX , I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
Back pain in 60 yrs old lady is very common and is mostly due to lumbar spondylosis ,as in your aunt's case , as the X ray report shows.
Normally I start pain killers , muscle relaxants and physiotherapy including exercises to build her back muscles. Give a trial of 10 days and if relieved of pain then continue pain killers as and when required+ Exercises. Lumbar Support may be required in some cased.
CT/MRI I normally get done if the pain is radiating to legs or is not relieved by treatment .normally it is not required.
I hope this answers your query. Please feel free to ask any other question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng