My aunt 60 years of age is having pain in
Pl see below
Hi XXXXXXX , I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
Back pain in 60 yrs old lady is very common and is mostly due to lumbar spondylosis ,as in your aunt's case , as the X ray report shows.
Normally I start pain killers , muscle relaxants and physiotherapy including exercises to build her back muscles. Give a trial of 10 days and if relieved of pain then continue pain killers as and when required+ Exercises. Lumbar Support may be required in some cased.
CT/MRI I normally get done if the pain is radiating to legs or is not relieved by treatment .normally it is not required.
I hope this answers your query. Please feel free to ask any other question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for electric pulsation sensation near the shoulder blade
- What causes swelling and bruising in the knee after a fall?
- What does the following knee MRI report indicate?
- Is intramedullary nailing an effective treatment for displaced tibial...
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the thighs
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness in the finger after injury
- What causes severe leg weakness and increased BP while on Amlodipine?
- Suggest treatment for swelling and bruising on top of the foot
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and muscle weakness
- What do these following MRI findings indicate?