question-icon

My ast and alt have been only elevated once in

Posted on Sun, 31 Mar 2019
Question: My ast and alt have been only elevated once in the past 8 years. The were
ast 79 ans alt 114 I s that a dangerous number and what can i do to lower
Answered by Dr. Prasad (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Need to know the latest result...

Detailed Answer:

AST and ALT, the liver enzymes are considered significant when values are twice / thrice the normal reference. Accordingly, ALT value of 114 will be considered significant and need evaluation. However you mentioned it was elevated only once in the past 8 years. So are the values mentioned above the recent one. If it isn't recent, I would like to know what are the latest AST and ALT value.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Dr. Prasad