My Husband just got of the hospital Friday XXXXXXX 4
When Imlook at them I was alarmed.. did a little researxh on the ipad and found this could be related to conjective heart failure.. he%E2%80%99s having a difficullt time walking anywhere or getting up for that matter without
my help,and is out of breath... shall I call 911 again?
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor.
There are two separate situations that you described. The first one is the scrotal swelling, which you are right, can often happen with congestive heart failure, and sometimes can cause a very painful and swollen scrotum. The main ways to treat this are elevating the scrotum, and using ice and pain medications such as Tylenol (not Ibuprofen with his congestive heart failure). You would not typically need to go to the ER for this unless the pain was intolerable.
The other issue is his shortness of breath. If his shortness of breath is significantly worse than when he left the hospital, and he is having more swelling in his legs with weight gain (from increased water retention), then he needs to let his doctor know or go to the ER if the shortness of breath is severe. If the shortness of breath is not too bad, then maybe his doctor could increase the dose of his diuretic, which would also help with the scrotal swelling as well.
In general, if he feels unable to catch his breath, is acting lethargic, or, if you have an pulse oximeter to check his oxygen and it is less than 92%, then I would suggest taking him to the hospital.
I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any other questions about that and I would be glad to discuss it further with you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining