My FBS and PPS for last 3 months were around
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your query.
By the looks of the sugars, you need to start the medicines.
Exercise and diet control do not seem to be helping you completely.
I think the addition of simple medicines like Metformin may help you.
However, I must add that just one set of readings of sugars should not be the criteria to change the medications.
I would suggest testing HbA1c.
If this remains high, you will definitely need to start the medicines.
I hope this helps.
Feel free to contact me if you need any further information.
Best of luck,
Dr Saumya Mittal
Thanks for the response.
HbA1C is an evaluation of sugars over 3 months.
So, yes I think you will need medications to bring the sugars under control.
A simple medicine like Metformin in low doses may help you attain target HbA1C levels better and faster.
And secondly, you should check it only once in 3 months. There is no advantage of checking it monthly.
I hope that this information helps you.
Best of luck, Dr Mittal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the possible reasons for tingling and numbness in my left arm?
- What does dark smelly stools when suffering from diabetes indicate?
- Can I take Ganaton, Motilium and Neksium for severe stomach pain?
- What can cause bumps around my foreskin and why am I having electric...
- Is low testosterone and high TSH related to anterior pituitary gland...
- What is the cure for dementia, high cholesterol and macular degeneration...
- Is pain pump a good solution for burning pain after colonoscopy while...
- Suggest treatment for hyperthyroidism
- Is it safe to consume whisky while taking insulin for diabetes?
- Are there any alternatives to benzodiazepine drugs to control anxiety?