My 9 year old son has been having dizziness ,
Partial seizure and heart valvular disease to consider and test.
Hello and welcome to " Ask a Doctor " service.
I have read your query and here is my advice.
If these symptoms are happening in episodes, partial seizures is a possibility.
In such setting, an EEG ( possibly video EEG during these episodes ) is an examination that may confirm or exclude seizures.
Another condition to consider is heart valvular disease especially if these symptoms happen after physical effort.
This may be assessed with a cardiac ultrasound.
Discuss with your son's Pediatrician for these issues.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Still, there is a need for further examinations.
Since there are no symptoms after physical activity, cardiac valvular issues are very unlikely.
However, arrhythmias may happen periodically and a continuous heart function study (Holter monitoring) may be necessary.
I still think that an EEG should be done in order to exclude seizures. Video EEG is the best tool in such case possibly with sleep deprivation.
If the EEG and cardiac workup results are normal then anxiety is playing a major role in such issues and counseling may be necessary.
Hope I helped you.
Feel free to discuss with me if you have further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?