My 7yr old grand son had a really sore throat
Most likely due to some infection
Thanks for being on 'Ask A Doctor' service.
I have gone through the query and do understand your concern.
Fever, sore throat and rashes on the mentioned area can be due to some infection. Viral infections are much common or than a bacterial one.
Usually, viral infections and its manifestations improve with Conservative treatment like medications for fever, decongestants, and application of some emollients over the rashes.
I won't get overly worried if the child is otherwise active, taking fluids/feeds well, passing urine and also as the sore throat is improving.
I request you to consult a pediatrician for clinical evaluation as skin rashes are best assessed by direct examination.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of poisoning in a child?
- Suggest treatment for severe cough and fever in a child
- What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
- Can an infant be fed with castor oil to cure colic?
- What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
- Suggest remedy for neck swelling in a child
- Suggest remedy for constipation in children
- Suggest remedy for persistent dry cough and cold in a child
- Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
- Suggest remedy for headache, dizziness and vomiting