My 5 year old daughter is having throat pain and
Suggestions on upper respiratory tract infection
thank you for asking me a direct query.
This seems to be a simple upper respiratory tract infection.
As of now you can give Syrup Benadryl Cough formula 5ml thrice a day for 3 days.
Paracetamol at appropriate dose for fever and pain.
But if she develops high grade fever then it could be otitis media and might warrant an antibiotic like Amoxicillin which is a prescription drug.
Best regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for viral diarrhea in children
- What causes pain in both the legs of a 4 year old child?
- Suggest treatment for atrial septal defect in children
- What causes bad body odor while suffering from fever?
- What causes eye bleeding while coughing in children?
- Suggest remedy for frequent infections in children
- What causes severe cough, vomiting and stomach pain in a child?
- Is air travel safe while suffering from ear infection?
- Does intake of Wymox help in curing viral fever in an infant?
- Are green diarrhea and pus cells in stool signs of bacterial infection?